We hand-select individuals from our community to hear the stories behind their designs.
Hi Jessie, Welcome to the SurfPaints Interview Series!
1. Can you introduce yourself? Age, location, occupation, surfing experience?
My name is Jessie, I am 11. I surf at dee why and have been a part of the boardriders since I was 7. I’m a student, and I started surfing at 4.
2. What made you want to paint your surfboard?
I won the paints as a prize from boardriders. I loved all the colours in the pack and I thought my board was boring with no colour and patterns.
3. What Surfboard did you paint, and why that one?
I painted my surfboard because I wanted everyone to see my design when I’m surfing.
4. Where do you get your inspiration from?
A drawing of my name that I did in year 4 last year
5. How do you rate your artistic skills?
I think they are pretty creative so 8/10.
6. Roughly how long did it take to complete?
It took around an hour and a half because it was a big design
7. Any tips for preparing the surfboard before painting it?
Clean the board first so it doesn’t come off straight away (my dad wiped it down with turps). Maybe don’t push the top of the pen down too quickly when preparing because it might go runny. Give them a good shake!
8. What was one tool or technique that helped you achieve this amazing design?
I used a pencil lightly first because I wanted make it look even and plan my creation
9. What is your favourite thing about using Surfpaints?
I like using SurfPaints because they are easy to use and always look nice. I love the bright colours
10. One piece of advice you would like to give others about painting a surfboard for their first time?
Plan your design first on paper so you know what you want to create. HAVE FUN!
If you would like to be a of our Interviewer Series Email, firstname.lastname@example.org