Hi Kaden, Welcome to the Surfpaints Interview Series! Lets kick things off by completing the following statement:
I paint because...
I want to show off my art skills on my skateboard, because they look really good on grip tape and because it's really fun to do!
1. Can you introduce yourself? Age, location, occupation, surfing experience, anything relevant?
My name is Kaden, I'm 11 years old from Perth Western Australia. I have been skateboarding for about 4 years. My sponsors include Aikenheads skate shop and Maple Road skateboards.
2. When did you start painting skateboards?
I started customising my grip tape almost from when I first started skateboarding with little squiggles and characters and now I do more complex designs.
3. What do you find the hardest part about painting a skateboard?
The hardest thing painting on a grip tape is starting off as it can be hard to start off a design and if I make a mistake its almost impossible to fix up.
4. Where do you get your design inspiration from?
Anime and anime art.
5. How did you prepare the skateboard before painting it with Surfpaints to ensure the paint bonded well?
No preparation needed just paint straight onto the grip tape.
6. What is your favourite thing about SurfPaints paint pens and the brand itself?
My favourite things about SurfPaints are that the colours are really bold and stand out well on grip tapes, the pens last for ages and they have a great range of colours.
7. One piece of advice you would like to give others about painting a surfboard/skateboard for their first time?
Take your time and let colours dry properly so you don't accidentally smudge or blend the colours.
8. Anything else you would like to add?